Monday, October 5, 2009

The best MOM I can be?


(I didn't have a picture of the 2 of them that was decent. I liked this one because my usually photogenic daughter refused this night to have her pic taken)
Lately, I have been thinking about my parenting skills. I often wonder if I am the best Mom to my children. I know I love them both more than anything in the world, but am I living up to my potential? I think not! I have decided that my kids deserve the best in life and it is my responsibility to give it to them. So, with that said, I am setting new goals...

1- Do something fun as a family once a week. It can be anything from a free movie or museum, seeing a new movie, going to a local farm, fair, parade, or just going on a hike or a walk in the park. I want us, as a family to enjoy our time together.

2-I have started a new bedtime routine. First, bath time followed by a family book. Then I rock AB for a few minutes before she goes to sleep. Then some snuggle time with the V-man.

3- We also eat as many meals through the day as a family. All four of us!!

4-Once a week a fun after school event with Valentin and AB. This could be as simple as the park, a play date with a friend, Happy Hour (ice cream or sweet Tea), or checking out a book at the Library.

5-Make more time during the day with AB. She is my Baby girl and is growing up way too fast. More play dates with her friends and maybe a dance class.

I think those are reasonable goals. Any fun suggestions? I am always looking for fun ways to spend with my family...

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I think those are great ideas! Jeremy and I try to have a Dylan day once a month, where all day long we just do things Dylan wants to do. Of course we do things through the week, but spending one day for just Dylan makes him feel as though he's on the top of the world.

-Mandy