I wanted to Blog about Valentin. Give some updates and remind myself why he is my LOVE!
First, the updates.
Valentin is still very active in Karate and hopefully will become a GOLD Belt very soon. Val and his BFF Gavyn have been striving for the last six months for the HIGHLY coveted belt. Wish him luck!
He started soccer last week. This is his second season of playing. This gives me the most pleasure watching. He does well at Karate, doesn't struggle, but soccer is a whole different story. Don't get me wrong the boy has a MAD drop kick and can get the ball to the goal. It is just getting the ball into the RIGHT goal. I have to tell myself he IS only FOUR!!! He asks me every day if it is a soccer day. He loves the sport, loves being outside, and loves his ROYAL BLUE uniform. Me on the other hand LOVES watching the look on his face when he scores, bringing snacks for the team, and waking up early on a Saturday morning to watch him play. I am his SOCCER MOM!!!
Valentin started Pre-K the end of August. We got LUCKY and are saving quite a bit of DOUGH! Since Raf was active duty military we received FREE pre-K. Of course we are taking advantage and Valentin loves it. He goes 5 days a week for 3 1/2 hours. It is a nice break for me. His favorite thing about school...The HOT lunch??? I actually enjoyed packing his lunch everyday. He wants to be like his friends and eat the EVER SO POPULAR HOT LUNCH!!! Way to go LUNCH LADY!!!
Last, Valentin is scheduled for surgery on October 15 (Tonsils, Tubes, Adenoids , and Nasal cleaning). I am very nervous! I know all will go well and I am confident in his Dr, but as a Mother you can't help but worry. Hopefully he will start growing and gaining weight. My boy has not gained a pound in a year and has worn the same shoe size for the last 2 years. He was supposed to have surgery in July and had it postponed due to a problem with blood work. After seeing a HEMATOLOGIST we found out our little boy has stage 2 Von Willebrand's disease. Needless to say this has been hard for me to accept. As most of you know I have a bleeding disorder also and the thought that I have passed this to my sweet boy kills me. I don't want him to have the worries I have had as a child, my dream for him was a CARE FREE childhood. Now I will FREAK out when ever he gets a teeny tiny scrape. We just have a little bump in the road. I am certain he will have the BEST childhood ever (as long as he isn't anything like I was. Broken tail bone, same surgery he is having now, plenty of stitches, a couple other surgeries. I was a MESS!)...We have ordered a Medical Alert bracelet and will have him tested for the protein infusions soon. He has no idea what is going on. I think I will keep him safe and not clue him on the disorder for a while...Does that make me a BAD mom???
When I get a break I will post the reasons why I LOVE VALENTIN!!!
1 comment:
Poor baby, we will get him lots of ice cream/fudgesicles post-surgery. He will be fine!
Post a Comment